View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 22:39   #23
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Wow, the only thing from your list that I have is KN filter :P
IC+exhaust alone will give you few more horses (not sure what role induction pipe play :P) then increased stock power and map... nice, nice!
That autobox must weigh a ton as on paper your car and domharts shouldn't be too different.

He has a CAT back and IC upgrade but to be honest, they don't generate more performance, they're for keeping the engine within safe temperature specs to handle the extra performance and heat that comes with that...

CAT back is mostly for sound and reducing back pressure slightly, if you get a full system then you'll see improvements in flow, imagine a CAT back setup as a small straw but half way down the straw you have a wider straw....It makes little to no difference to the overall flow of water coming out.

The IC is to keep ambient air temps down before which helps keep the turbo cooler, this helps it hold onto boost a bit longer at the top end but overall, again, it's a safety measure more than anything else.

I'll try get a run out in my T5 over the weekend

EDIT: This was my T4 back in the day with just a remap - God I loved that car. It put a T5 to shame and was only at around 230bhp there. Less power but high pressure turbo and a very small curb weight, unlike my T5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dbSvCJ-sZk

Last edited by FunkyMelon; Oct 11th, 2018 at 22:55.
FunkyMelon is offline   Reply With Quote