Thread: Coolant flush
View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 15:30   #29
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
I am quite a distance from my nearest Volvo dealers whereas the motor factors who sell Comma are about 50 yards from my office

Also I'm pretty sure that like most other things Volvo don't produce their own coolant.

Don't get me wrong though as I do like to try and buy genuine parts but things like coolant and oil a good brand and same spec is usually fine

Well. I don't see who produces the Volvo product as an issue. I do see a benefit in supporting Volvo dealer parts departments. Even in this anti-Volvo-parts Doubting Thomas forum it is known that sometimes Volvo dealers are the, perhaps the only, source of some parts. Use them, or lose them.

50 yards is an incentive.

Are you paying more than if you bought Volvo antifreeze delivered with a forum discount from say FRF Volvo dealers in Swansea?

Yes. Third party fluids are usually totally OK indeed. I have not in the past even thought of buying antifreeze from a car dealership. Nowadays I am conscious that we need to use the parts dealerships. And I receive excellent dealership parts service.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote