Thread: Service Issues: - DPF Soot filter full
View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 02:00   #15
osullivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank3944 View Post
Hi i cant be sure, but the fact my inlet maifold is clogged with carbon suggests the problem is elsewhere, do you think an engine carbon clean using added hydrogen would help apparently the hydrogen vapourises the carbon build up,

What i am thinkng as a next course of action is: carbon clean, £100, dpf clean £200 (although already had forced regen and reports come back soot empty) oil and filter change (last changed 13 months ago) so due and see if this works, then start changing sensors, what do you think guys does this sound like a sensible plan?
If you can do the work yourself I suggest you clean the air pipes to the intake manifold and the butterfly valve, replace the pcv valve on top of the oil separator, use liquimolly DPF cleaner followed by a regen.... drive for a few weeks and see does it settle down.

I have done all of these things and new turbos and new rings and new sensors etc. but I still had the soot filter full until I did the liquimolly clean (I previously had so called professional cleans and some DIY cleans but the LM product was super. Use a garden sprayer from argos with a lance made from some aluminium tube from B&Q to put in the chemicals,

my theory is that the PCV system goes wrong and at high revs instead of closing the connection, the airintake is so close to the turbo that it causes a vacum which draws oil out of the separator and then fires this into the intake..
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osullivant For This Useful Post: