View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2018, 14:19   #5
dcw
VOC Member

The weak spot on these cars for rust is at the back end - around the rear wheel arches and under the boot floor. If you have one that is rot free that is a very good bonus!

It might be that the wheel arches have already been replaced since most 480s require that sooner or later - one way to sometimes tell is if it still has a clear plastic stick on panel just in front of the rear arch below the side-rubbing strip; usually these do not get replaced.

Another common issue is that they leak - are all the foot-well carpets dry and is it dry under the boot carpet?

Rear lights fade away until they will not pass an MOT anymore, and as with almost everything for a 480 these are NLA (although things are afoot to secure a new source..)

Otherwise the usual factors apply - how well has it been serviced and maintained and what condition is it in? What's the mileage? Does it have an MOT?

If you can answer these various questions favourably then the car could be worth a fair bit - values are going up and really good examples seem to be fetching anywhere between £2 & £3K. That said, poor examples are worth peanuts...

But as a turbo auto, yours already has a real rarity factor to it.

We can probably help you more over on the 480 Europe forum, and getting a few photos up will help no end in trying to give you a realistic estimation of value...

PS - I'd love to say I am interested because I am, but my wife would kill me (probably very slowly and painfully) if I added any more cars to the current 3!!

Hope that helps a bit

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote