View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 17:12   #7
Mini35LE

Default Did anyone get to the bottom of this? Same issue V70 2012

My 2012 5-cylinder D4 163 is bringing up the error code P1407 EGR temp too low (or something like that, can't remember the exact phrase). Its done 144,000 miles and has already had a new EGR valve before (at 65,000 miles). My concern is that it was the same code last time I had the valve replaced and reading the comments over the last few years I think my Volvo dealer might have had me over. I had to get it done with them as no one else wanted to touch it on the 24 hours notice I had to work with (ferry booked for holiday). They said "definately EGR" but less than 12 hours after collecting it I got a fault light again and had to get the car looked at by a dealer in France who immediately diagnosed it as a faulty intercooler boost sensor. Replaced that for 100 Euro job done and fine ever since. There was a lot less forum chat back then (2015) so now I'm wondering if there actually was an EGR fault at all last time or whether they just changed it as a matter of course. The car wasn't used for short runs at the time and still isn't. It's regularly serviced and doesn't appear to run "dirty" so my inner cynic is a bit worried about giving Volvo carte blanche to raid my wallet again, particularly as they have indicated around £900 to do the work (car is worth about £3000 as a part ex now but obviously worth more to me as it's mint other than a fault light). My local Volvo independent wasn't particularly interested in even looking at it last time as I was told changing the EGR on these was a pig of a job ie more hassle than it's worth.

Last edited by Mini35LE; Nov 26th, 2020 at 17:14.
Mini35LE is offline   Reply With Quote