View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 13:47   #23
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Firstly, if CK's underwriters won't cover certain postcodes, it's nothing personal...so getting hot under the collar and claiming that it's discrimination isn't going to do much good. Of course the counter-argument is that CK ought to expand their range of underwriters...

From my own point of view, as a former CK customer (with two policies), there's not a lot of love lost here. On one occasion, CK tried to *double* my premium, only for me to end up back with them, paying more or less the same as I did the previous year. How on earth that position can be justified, I do not know.

I no longer insure with them (for either policy) for one very simple reason - their premiums have become uncompetitive, and by a significant margin. I know a great many people who pay less than £250 for their insurance (my premium a couple of years ago on my S70 was only a shade over £300, and I was 24 at the time...my parents' policy barely breaks the £100 barrier).

The blanket 20bhp rule (no doubt, again, imposed by an underwriter) is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard...and clearly devised by someone who has very little knowledge of the subject.

Finally, there have been acute problems with answering the phone on several occasions. For one of my two policies this year, I was entirely unable to get through to somebody, despite numerous attempts. The second time took 2-3 calls. The only remote parallel I can draw would be HIC, who seems to have a 20-minute queue whenever you call (but do tend to quote well).

As a former customer, I'm saying this for your own good, Chris Knott. Get some new underwriters, and get your act together! The current situation seems unsustainable for the club's "official" insurance scheme.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foggyjames For This Useful Post: