View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 22:34   #21
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Don't worry LS I have more than my share of "senior moments" Anyway for info the Vin is YV1964956S1xxxxxx. For an update took car for M.o.T. today[it wasn't booked in until tomorrow but that's another story]from start up the arrow was flashing as were the E and W buttons,during test the tester asked "What's the flashing arrow for?" to which I simply replied "Gearbox" and he just said "Oh" when he'd finished test he parked it on the car park and when I'd squared up I got in it and the flashing had stopped!! So at present I'm still no wiser as to the issue.
Test was passed by the way sold the old battle cruiser lives on
Congrats on the pass! That says a 964 with an AW30-40 or 30-43 on the back of a B6304F engine.
Model Year (the "S" in the VIN code) is 1995 and factory code 1 - not sure what facotry code 1 is though.

Quite possibly the PNP switch was just suffering lack of use and you'd done 90% of the back and forth cleaning - the MoT tester did the rest. The gearbox isn't part of the MoT unless it's leaking more oil than the Exxon Valdez - either the oil tanker than was scuppered or the Jag XJ12 i knew of that also leaked more oil than it drank petrol!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: