View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 09:15   #18
Mick787

Default New owner/member

Re servicing. I've just purchased my D5 manual Se Lux nav. Bendy lights etc, so plenty to go wrong! It's 18 months old and the previous owner had done just 3.5k miles. The main dealer serviced it with a quick oil change before we took delivery and we decided to take out a 5 year service plan with a cam belt change included for complete peace of mind. I look at it that everything is now catered for and we know that the price we pay is inflation proof. I know that the recommended mileage/time for a cam belt will not be reached, but it will do no harm to change it and once done will give us more peace of mind. This is my first Volvo, having changed from BMW. I have to say, I am very impressed with it at this very early stage in ownership. I think that by showing such loyalty and trust to the dealership and Volvo, then God forbid, if something did go wrong, then they would recognise my commitment to them. I just hope the dealership's serving department isn't as bad as my experiences with BMW main dealers. I'm hoping they cater for and recognise private individuals rather than fleet cars.
Mick787 is offline   Reply With Quote