Thread: Electrics: 850: - Aftermarket A/C panel, help!
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:06   #5
ASt85
Premier Member

This may sound bizarre, as you say the original paperwork shows the car had auto climate control from the factory. The only climate control fascia I've seen similar to the one in your photo was of an early 850 Volvo factory kit that I believe was available as a Volvo factory fit or aftermarket accessory in the nineties.

The original should have a Volvo part number on it and it maybe that a dealer can find a later part number or compatible part. Failing that can you not refurbish the original? It is often just a case of using switch cleaner or propyl alcohol to clean up many older controls before reflowing soldered joints.

I do remember seeing a photo of it on a US aircon retrofit kit website some years ago when I was looking to upgrade a non aircon 850 - the kit was over a £1000 at the time! Needless to say, it wasn't fitted!

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote