View Single Post
Old Jan 26th, 2020, 12:27   #4
dcwales

Default Double checked Still Not Working

I am hoping for some more advice if possible as still cannot get the car to crank. it is a s60 2005 Euro 4 D5 185

I went out this morning to start from scratch on what I did yesterday to clear the air inlet pipe from the EGR.

I remove the pipe between the egr and inlet manifold.
I clean out any further the i could see in the EGR housing and the pipe and reconnected everything,

The car will turn over on the starter but thats all. No signs of any life.

I checked all of the connectors I could and replugged them in ( i never unplugged any connectors yesterday . Still no joy

The error code i get on my scanner is P2015. I tried disconnecting the battery leaving it for 30 mins, I have also tried unplugging the ECU.

I have removed the pipe from the air box into the throttle body carefully cleaning around the throttle flap but avoided touching it.

Reassembled every probably 3 times today and looked for any obvious connect problems.

A couple of things i have noticed this might not be relevant but on cranking the engine , even though it does not catch etc, i don't see any revs showing on the rev counter, not sure I should but thought maybe important.

The throttle body once the car ignition is switched off makes a noise, not sure if that is it calibrating etc but I have notice this noise before when switching the engine off ( ie before the fault occured ) just never knew where it came from. Think this is a red herring but thought I should mention it just in case

Any advice at all would truly be appreciated
dcwales is offline   Reply With Quote