View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 20:45   #1
Duffus

Default V70 HU-850 back lighting failure.

Hi All

Sorry to raise this thorny issue yet again but I have gone through all the suggestions, remidies, failures and very few successes and remain at a loss for a resolution.

My HU-850 cd changer effectively self destructed, so I bought a used same model replacement unit from a same year V70. All works well, including steering wheel controls and central LCD display, with the exception of the back lighting.

I came across a thread from a guy in the States as follows

" i went into the front panel of the HU and removed all the OE bulbs. i then glued blue LED's in their places and wired all ten of them together in parallel. I took a feed out the radio to the back and assembled it all together again. For power, i tapped off of a bulb in the CCM and wired that out the back. i then put a connector on the wires and voila! i have lights again. i was a little worried about adding 10 more lights on the CCM, but these are LED's and current draw is lower than the incandescent's they replaced"

Has anybody over here tried this and if so are there pit falls ?

Since my old radio backlights worked am I better just trying a front panel change over.

Thanks for your time
Dave
Duffus is offline   Reply With Quote