View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 22:40   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky13 View Post
It’s ridiculous that the car doesnt warn you that the battery is running low. Today after my sons football we couldn’t get into the car. Used the VOC app to open it. Then it wouldn’t start as no key found. After ages I eventually got it to start somehow. Could have been a nightmare an using the on call facility would seem over kill. Wife’s jag warns when battery is running low so doesn’t see why Volvo can’t implement it. Rant over. Haha
It does give a "low key fob battery" warning in the drivers display. As mentioned in one of above posts if battery is flat, place the fob in the cup holder to start the car.

Were you using keyless entry or pressing the fob buttons, if keyless and fob is in the same pocket as your phone the signal can be blocked.

Were you in a usual parking place that the fob normally works or in a place you have not parked in before, there are a few odd areas that blocks out a fob signal, I have two dead areas near me that prevents my fob from working, one near a substation and one near a BT open reach hut, I have to park about 20 yards further away from those areas.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote