Thread: Brakes: 140: - Volvo 145
View Single Post
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 23:34   #2
Triple-S
How Old?

Exactly the same age as mine Andy, but my problem was the opposite on this car - new-looking calipers which had seized solid on the discs due a period of storage. New calipers plus replacement flex pipes going on this weekend (I hope).
However, I dived into the memory box and came out with the recall of fitting new calipers onto my 142S years ago - the previous owner put the n/s ones onto the o/s and vv, and I took his word that what he did was correct. After about 10 attempts at bleeding the system to no avail, a Volvo virgin brake fitter decided to look at the pictures, when all became clear! The bleed nipples weren't at their designed positions, so trapped air remained as just that.
A swap round and all was fine. Incidentally did you fit a new master cylinder or an overhaul kit? I ask because mine had a Wagner mc from new but they (an American company) wouldn't sell me, a mere private customer, a new one. I eventually got one via a classic car parts dealer who had an American buyer who bought several, so I bought from him.
Check you have your calipers on the right side too.......

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote