View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 18:25   #90
fgx318

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
Fred,
when you connect the vac gauge in line to the turbo the readings should be the same should they not, on your first video with pads not connected you have 20 hg pads connected you needle is fluctuating as mine is in all four video's that i posted. if the ecu is telling the TCG that no vac is needed and not pulsing why are you getting 20hg on the out port with pads not connected.
mike
Mike,
Just to avoid any mistake, when you say 20hg you mean InHg (the outer graduations are Inch Hg on my gauge), if so everything is fine here.

My concerns are the following :
At idle, no vacuum in the pads, and needle is fluctuating - Same as yours

Past 1100 vacuum is derivated from tcv vent to the pads and vacuum then increase in the whole system, providing approx 600 mmhg to the turbo actuator, vanes are in "full boost" position - Same as yours

As engine revs up, less turbo boost is needed so the ECM send current to the TCG so that less vacuum is applied to the actuator - Same as yours

Past 2200 rpm vacuum drops to 150 mmhg where yours drops to 350 mmhg.

On my workmate's car it also drops to 350 and don't decrease anymore.

Since mine is still decreasing I just think that the ECM have the information that to much turbo boost is built up past 2200 rpm and try to correct this turbo boost by sending a signal to the TCG so that less vacuum applies to the actuator, correcting the turbo boost... Not easy to explain...

Anyway, the fact is that the engine works perfectly, and as you bet in a previous post I have a big smile on my face !

However, thanks again for your help Mike and thanks to all of you here, you definetly help me on this one and avoid a waste of money....
fgx318 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fgx318 For This Useful Post: