View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2015, 17:44   #3
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthechorister View Post

What I DO want is traffic incident cover.
Caravan insurance is strange. I once had huge difficulty insuring a tourer that was to be kept in a locked compound governed by CCTV, because it wasn't rated how the insurance companies wanted it rating. It wasn't rated because I owned it! ....yet there was no issue if the caravan was stored on my drive, which would have been less secure.

You should be covered by your tow cars insurance for anything that happens on the road to others, although your caravan itself wouldn't be covered for damage to it.

What is just as important regards caravan insurance is having your van insured when not hitched up ie you are pushing it backwards by hand and you run over say a person, or damage something on the caravan site. If you had no caravan insurance, you obviously wouldn't be covered for such eventuality.

Have a word with Flux to see if they can remove any 'marker', or remove their 'refusal to insure' (which you have to declare elsewhere) so you can insure elsewhere without risk of cover being void.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote