View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2018, 23:37   #136
Laney760
VOC Member

Smile

Well I am still waiting for a fuel pump from Volvo Reading! 10 days since I broke down now and 7 days since a fiuel pump was ordered from Volvos and they supplied a brand new (broken) one, the very last one in the UK apparently, and had to re-order one from Sweden

I spoke to a woman in charge at Volvos Reading who said it cannot be air freighted as it's part of a fuel system so it's taking a while to get here. I can't understand why a brand new component which has never been near a drop of petrol in it's life can't fly on a plane but there you have it!

I ought to count myself lucky as the garage has a newer Nissan than my Volvo which has been laid up in there for 6 weeks awaiting a part from Japan!

On the plus side, every cloud has a silver lining. I have learned this week that I can get to work and hold down my job even if I didn't have a car. I am travelling two hours each way and I work a nine hour day so it's very tough but I imagine I would get used to it and I am chuffed that I can be completely independent of my car and survive! Public transport is a joke, my journey should be a train and two buses but the second bus is so unreliable that my journey is a train, a bus and a 45 minute walk!

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post: