View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 19:04   #43
amaz'in

Not sure if my posting here is valid...with a 940 turbo...and an Amazon..but a volvo driver none the less.

I must admit..I have always said..the 4 series..and 3 for that matter were just not 'Proper' Volvo's...so I can understand where Eric Gardner is maybe coming from.

However..he clearly had (has) a bad one..this can happen with any car...740/940 or otherwise.

I do feel that a manufacturer should apply the same build quality to their entire range of cars..Mercedes did.with their 190..so did BMW with the 3 series..same build quality..just smaller bodies..engines...and less toy's..but not worse build quality.

The 190 was the baby Merc..yet it became a legend for quality..joe public and Taxi drivers alike.

The Amazon was the best built Volvo ever...yet the P1800 was (initially) outsourced to Jensen...and despite being an Amazon in fancy clothes..they became rotten as carrotts in no time...

I don't belive the 3/4 series did much for Volvo's enviable reputation...having said that..I don't honestly believe the PRV engine was much cop..but I got flamed for that a couple of years ago....by a PRV engined owner of course.

I think they have some superb looking and designed cars in their current lineup...

J

Last edited by amaz'in; Jan 5th, 2011 at 19:24.
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote