View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 16:45   #10
Sysyphus

Have to say all in all I am very happy with the '09 T5 I have owned since November, 10,000 miles put on it since then, including a four day 2,300 mile road trip with one very close to 1,000 mile day (had planned to split that but was barely an hour from home before I felt like I wanted to stop).

Heater adequate for Pennsylvania winters ( below zero fahrenheit (minus 18 C) a couple of nights when I left work), AC just about good enough for our summers (100F/40C ish with humidity).

Top down definitely much nicer with the wind deflector. Roof is complicated enough to be worrying, but as others have said, evidence suggests it is reliable enough in real life. Worse comes to worse it can be cranked shut and locked to turn it into an overweight but comfortable coupe cruiser.

Heavy on fuel in stop/go traffic, but better than 30 to the US gallon when cruising the highway a notch or two above the speed limit.

If music is important to you make sure you get a mid-09 or later with the aux input in the center console, otherwise you'll be stuck with radio & CD only without expensive modification. I find the "High-performance" audio adequate - dynaudio is better. Halogen dipped beams are pretty feeble. It does rattle. Sovereign leather is very nice.

I have pretty much all options on mine except Nav, Blis & Park Assist... phone is better than the factory nav, I have a small stick on convex overtaking mirror, but it would be nice to have at least rear park assist since it takes a bit of getting used to just how big it is at the back.
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote