View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 15:19   #15
Peter86
Pete

French roads are great. They did reduce the national speed on 2 way road last year by 10km less so check recent road speeds on the net. I got caught by a mobile camera last year (the mobile ones are massive round Concrete things that need a wagon to move them and usually in the middle of nowhere) didn't get any fine. Known a few people from England get caught and never get any fines. Why would the dvla want to make work to not to benefit from it!
If you get caught by the police though it's on the spot fine.

If your going above certain speeds they will confiscate your car but you have to be going really fast for that.

or they will

Confiscate your licence so you can't drive (another person will have to), ban you from driving there for 3 months, on the spot fine, post your licence back to the uk, then take you to court in your absence and send you a fine home on top of what you already paid as my brother in law found out.

Brethalisers are now an advisory. As of Jan 13th the 11 euro fine for not having one was postponed indefinately.

Your driving licence paper counterpart is now available online since the actual paper part was made redundant a few years ago.

I drive over there most years, as long as your sensible and obey the speed limits etc you shouldn't have a problem, I never have.

Hi vis jackets are required by law along with first aid kit, fire extinguisher, spare bulb kit, tyre repair kit or spare wheel.

Halifax do a clarity credit card which is free to use abroad, there are some others also out there. Great for Toll roads on the motorways. You don't get the charges using abroad like most other cards.

I know the toll road that goes down to le mans is very expensive so try an avoid that. As in a previous post have a look online for toll road costs. Most others are sensibly priced some are very cheap.

This is all from my personal experience but as things always change please check the net for all up to date rules.

2011 V70 D5 [215] Rdesign - currently owned.

Peter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter86 For This Useful Post: