Thread: Engine: T5/R - cone air filter heat shield
View Single Post
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 12:19   #25
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
Yes I am disputing your setup, if I wasn't then I wouldn't of commented on your post.

Where exactly are you getting your "cold air" from?From what I can tell you are running an "Open" air system i.e. a simple cone filter with NO sealed heat shield.Am I correct so far?

Am I also correct in saying that your "Cold air intake" is situated about 6" from the road?
Well if you had read the posts, you would have noted that the intakes are mounted in the foglight apertures. If you are not familiar with an S40 phase 1.5, these are in excess of a foot from the road. Located at 90 degrees to the road, these offer about as unrestricted a flow of air as you can get, and better than a hidden intake as standard.

My system would be classed as open, given that the filter does not sit in a sealed environment like an airbox setup, or the BMC system listed, but is as good as I can make up myself at present. I have actually been looking for a cylinder or box of some sort, which will fit around my filter (must accomodate the filter but would be cut for a tight fit prior to the MAF housing, and with cold air inlet at the opposite end).

I have not simply bolted a small cone filter on, and dropped it into a "biscuit tin", as a poster referred to previously (not your good self), as I appreciate what that would result in!
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote