View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2017, 08:29   #4
philrocks

Had mine for about 18 months now. And I love it, mine is 11 years old, I get no water ingress yet, though I do service the roof seals to stop them drying out (possibly helps, previous owner told me to do it).! Here are things to consider.

Doors are long and wide - require a fair amount of space to open comfortably (you will struggle in stingy car parks).

Turning circle isnt great, about 12m? (a old ford focus is about 10m i think)

Has one of the biggest boots for convertibles.

Has the best boot lid of any convertible (its not a tiny lid, its the same dimension as the actual boot!)

Has a boot access button in the boot, for when the roof is down. (I can put a pram in the boot, whilst the roof is down by pressing this button!)

T5 is where its at! Lovely engine, lovely noise, good amount of power! (even better with a custom exhaust / remap)

What to get:
Make sure it has a windbreaker for the rear, or buy one when you get it, else the turbulence created in the back will blow up the front, causing a chill on your arms.
Smarttop roof module - allows you to control the roof with yours keys, whilst the car is moving (you can adjust the speed) and a few other things. (really useful when walking to the car with a child in my arms, just press the unlock 3 times, roof goes down, and easy access to put a child in, did i mention the official volvo windbreaker has a zip up hole that basically gives you access to put a child through it into their seat!

If i think of anything else, I will let you know!

Previous Volvos: Volvo S40 1.9d

philrocks is offline   Reply With Quote