View Single Post
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 11:34   #26
dilip122S

Totally agree with Classicswede on pretty much everything. I'm still running Bilstein yellows, and they are AWFUL. Avoid like the plague. Going to swap them out for a nice set of adjustable Konis soon.
Mods on mine include 123 ignition (superb, can't fault it) and a few other engine mods, D-type overdrive, early P1800 remote shift with Momo Competizione knob, Full carpet, sound deadening and lots of heatshield/ vibe-damping material on the firewall and transmission tunnel.Les Leston steering wheel, early Smiths rev-counter . Lowered progressives, polybushes etc, EBC greenstuff pads, and my best buy so far, a one-off custom made replica of the Ruddspeed race exhaust system: 4 branch exhaust manifold going into a three inch pipe, running down to a single box with twin two-inch outlets, which run under the back axle. More ground clearance than the standard system, amazingly. Car now runs off the clock.

Link below to Youtube video of the Rudds exhaust sound. (This was filmed before I fitted the remote shift)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ3_f0jGryg

pic of the car at a wedding yesterday:
dilip122S is offline   Reply With Quote