View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 09:45   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattye View Post
Hi to all,

So my V70 went for the MOT yesterday, the first since I bought her in July last year.
Failed on offside break hose being damaged but thats all. For a 14 year old car I'm very impressed.
IMO this shows the value of the yearly MOT which i'm sure is seen by some as a pain in the arse but its there to help keep the car safe and roadworthy and by finding the damaged brake hose its lived up to its purpose.

I've had a couple of other jobs done as well.
Front brake discs and pads replaced as well as the front and rear vacuum engine mounts. I did a vacuum test a while ago and found both mounts leaking.

Still loving the car with a few more jobs to do in the summer including changing rear discs, pads and handbrake shoes. Change auto transmission fluid and change rear coils as they are a bit corroded.

That’s great news! I don’t think there is a person in the U.K. that thinks an MOT finding damage to your brake lines is a bad cost for an MOT.

What people resent is being told your cat is damaged and will cost £900 whilst you step outside to see all the airliners taking people abroad for £29 with fuel that is duty free.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: