View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 16:51   #26
lotsofmagnets

sorry for reviving a really old thread but just to add some words to a couple of items

165 chassis 000001 wears standard 164 badges on the sides and i seem to recall on the tailgate as well (not e badges as the engine was the carburettor version.) jj (how i know saintjohn) should have some old pics lying around from before the restoration started.

as for the 164 TE i´ve owned 2 in my time and have seen many more - they´re almost as common as the regular 164E in australia. from memory the deal was only 3 colours: metallic light blue with blue interior, metallic gold and metallic dark teal (my favourite - of course both of my TEs were the other colours :| ) the latter 2 with beige leather. they had headlamp wipers, air conditioning, quadraphonic stereo, rear headrests, rear reading lamps and the badges on the wings and the front and back. the boot was fully carpeted (sometimes in black, sometimes in blue) including the wheel bulges and i can´t remember if the bonnet light was standard on only the TE or also the E but the boot light was standard on the TE only even though the cutouts for the nuberplate lights to illuminate the boot remained. i think that´s it but i may have forgotten something...

would be very curious to see the 1970 grand luxe badge from 1970 as this thread is the 1st i´ve heard of it and nearly 20 years after 1st becoming interested in the 140s/164s i thought i knew it all
lotsofmagnets is offline   Reply With Quote