View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 18:33   #2
100K+
Premier Member

Default DEM comms

I has an issue with my DEM on my V70 AWD R a couple of years back. In my research I found this :-

4. If the driveshaft is spinning, access the Differential Electronic Module (DEM). If there is no communication with the DEM, check for power on the Blue/Red wire, ground (Brown and Black wires) and network integrity by checking resistance between the Green and White wire. With the battery disconnected, there should be 60 ohms between the two wires.

Having researched my fault - no 4 wheel drive with DTS DEM0005 I did the above

There is battery voltage to pins 1+2 on the DEM connector, and 60 ohms resistance between pins 7 & 8 Canbus ( Battery disconnected - this I read is correct)

Before spending big money on fixing the issue,( I'ds be surprised if the AWD still worked) I'd consider removing the DEM and sending it to Volvo Diagnostics in London. Speak to Lucus, he has done many good turns for members here. Advertises in traders section. Personnally I'd bank that water has gotton into the DEM electrics and its U/S. fortunately Lucus can supply 2nd hand reconditioned units.

Good luck

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote