Thread: General: - E46 Bi-Xenon (budget) retrofit
View Single Post
Old Dec 12th, 2018, 11:48   #53
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
ontop... might look a bit stuck on after thought, i liked your behind the bezel for neatness, but if the light outputs not sufficient,

£68.09 inc vat for the drl=off , its a ponder,,, for that £ i might just not fuss with it and cross fingers the E46 units dont suffer the same as the volvo ones have with 60%dipped/drl on
putting it on top will look weird when off, but very good when on. Some people take the beziel completely out but the headlight still looks weird when off.
My way is best for OEM look and still serves the purpose, but that plastic defract loo much light.
Good thing is, you can test the halos yourself and experiment with it on your kitchen table. When your projector is out, just put the halo into headlamp and see how it looks when you put it behind beziel vs how it looks outside of lamp and you can decide. Also, experiment with distance from the beziel as closer you put halo to it, the less defracted light will be (but will look less unified). Find your sweet spot and voila
For powering up halos on the table you only need small 12v power suppy, either something ready-to-go or if you have none - use PC PSU as I did.

DRL Off - up to you, but price is defo reasonable :}
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: