View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 20:03   #178
v50inred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Zeb, I would still be concerned about the front end??

That steering wheel was well out of alignment with it being tilted so far to the left, this sort of outage can only come from damage. You need to get this investigated as I suspect you have a bent track rod and/or track rod end, possibly the drop link too.

The steering wheel may have been straightened out but the undelying problem will not have been. This could potentially cause the car to be dangerous to drive and unstable at speed.

There has to be something wrong with the front too.

I think the rear misalignment alone can explain the wheel needing turned to the left to keep the vehicle going straight.

The rear wheel has been hit and pushed rearward by the kerb.

This will result in the car wanting to turn to the right all the time.

To negate this effect zeb is turning to the left all the time.

I don't think there is anything amiss at the front end.

Unless zeb hit the front wheel off the kerb at the same time.

This entire incident is a good advert for putting decent tyres on your car if you like to press on a bit.

Cheapies are acceptable in most everyday driving situations. But will show their weaknesses if you push them nearer to their limits.

When a more premium brand tyre will tend to break loose a little bit more predictably a cheapie may well just let go with little warning.

Though some cheap tyres are surprisingly capable.

The Nankang NS2 is a case in point, had them on a Legacy and they were excellent tyres.

But the ones on zeb's car look like the ones you get as part of a wheel and tyre package.

The truth shall set you free..........
v50inred is offline   Reply With Quote