Thread: General: 70: - after market headlights
View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2018, 16:24   #2
christheancient
Aged Volvo Lover

Location: A place in mendip-land famous for its cheese - and its gorge

Jack:

I can only speak with limited personal experience. But (don't you hate that word?) they all go that way after time.

2nd hand ones are, quite often nearly as bad - especially if they're from a breaker; so caveat emptor.

When My v70's headlights were like candles in cocoa tin lids, I did do a lot of shopping around etc; but good ones are like rocking horse poo; i.e. scarce.

There are various people who can 're-silver' the reflectors; but I can't pass judgement as I've no experience of that side of things.

In the end, I went to PartsForVolvos and really splashed out and bought projector headlights with black backgrounds and really went to town and bought the matching indicators.

One big advantage of the PFV projectors is that they are very easy to 'adjust' for driving on the right-hand side of the road. Add good quality bulbs and you could put the landing lights of a 747 to shame.

But there isn't really a way that can be both good and cheap, that I know of, to have good replacement headlights without spending a bit of cash.

Maybe you could get some 'reasonable' 2nd-hand ones from a breaker; but you might to join a long queue of others wanting them!

Our children don't inherit the world from us. We are borrowing it from them.
christheancient is offline   Reply With Quote