View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 18:51   #85
Petey80
Premier Member

Default Another wash and bits and bobs....

Last day off today so thought I'd give Blue another bath.

Usual procedure was done. The rust on the bottom of the passenger door is getting slightly worse.... I have a decal to hopefully cover that up and help decrease the effects of the rust..... We will see. Hope to get it stuck on when there's going to be some decent weather days in a row.

Also in desperate need of some rear tyres. Next purchase when I get paid tomorrow.

Anyway. With the car all washed and dried, as I was putting things away and considering what to do/use as an LSP, I came across this in the back of the cupboard

Bouncers Done & Dusted Quick Detailer from the first Volvo600 attempt at Bruntingthorpe...... What a day that was.
I still have the tin of wax that you could buy on the day as well. Haven't really used that though.

As the bottle was almost emptied, I sprayed the remainder onto select areas of Blue. Mainly the bottom half of the sides of the car and the rear end.
The Mirror Shine wax seems to be still present, but not so much in those areas.

End result

With regards to the Glaco products I used on the windscreen......... all I can say is WOW!!

It works really well. Once I got over 30mph the water just started beading and flew off the windscreen. There was quite a few rainy days after applying it and I hardly every used the wipers to clear the windscreen.

Also cleaned the interior out on Saturday afternoon. No pictures of that though, it wasn't that dirty. Just a bit of dust and stuff here and there.

MOT, Tax and Insurance is all due in June so I'll be saving some pennies for all of that. But I will have to purchase some new tyres for the back end, just trying to decide on which ones to get.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote