View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2018, 17:35   #5
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1Stu View Post
Thanks. I used a Woolies kit (I sent the centre cubby lid off so they could match it. Cost about £50 from memory. Perfect match, the colour on the worn sections matching the rest.

I was able to match the insert colour myself - which turned out to be 2 spoonfuls of silver and 1 spoonful of a beige C70 colour I had. Bit of luck that!

I ragged it on, then tabbed it by rag where it needed more. Any more than a couple of coats and you risk making the top surface too heavy and plastic looking. Less is definitely more.

Good luck! The C70 interiors need more love than the old 240 leather interiors from my experience.
Thank you so much for the info - I have to say that whilst the quality of the original leather isn't in question - it has little or no wear, finding a suitable refurbishing oil/wax/colourant etc. could be a nightmare.

The pale grey of mine looks wonderful, no cuts, wear, stitches fraying etc. but trying to make it pliable/flexible/soft is a completely different matter. A couple of upholsters have looked at the seats and door cards and have basically said, all you need to do with it is give it some TLC with baby oil!

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote