View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 20:53   #10
cassell
Member since 1988

I too think you've already made your mind up and want a Volvo. It's your choice and I respect your considerations about your sister and nephew but at the end of the day you are paying for the car and its upkeep. You're the one driving 300 miles a week in it after all.

The costs associated with either an XC40 or an XC60 won't be that much different but if you feel more comfortable with the smaller car, so be it.

I previously ran a 10 year old XC90 and no longer really needed a 4WD or 7 seater but it was a hard decision to downsize as it was such a great car. I seriously looked at a Kia Sorento and a Hyundai SantaFe (essentially the same car) and almost went down that route. Fortunately I researched running costs and MPG which was an eye-opener with both and made up my mind for me!

I finally bought a Volvo V90 D4 Inscription (estate car) and have never looked back or regretted the decision, just the brilliant economical fuel consumption alone makes me feel good, something you won't get with a Sorento.

Living with a car that makes you worry about its size and running costs for the sake of an annual holiday is pressure you could do without, go for the Volvo of your choice!

Paul
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post: