View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:40   #1
Aidan001

Default Volvo S60 d5 2.4 (07) engine service required urgent warning

Hey guys,

I wondered if any you decent folk have any experience with this..

About a month ago I had ‘engine service required’ appear on my dash and car would intermittently go into limp mode, I soon found out the egr was the issue, I cleaned the egr out and throttle body and wow what a different car I had for about 2 weeks or so, then one morning I drove my usually 7 mile route to work with no issues or hesitation and all was well but at lunch time I only started the car for it then too flag up a red triangle and warning message ‘engine service required urgent’ I have tried reading the manual (which doesn’t state this error message) and found nothing, I plugged in my obd reader (not a cheap nasty one) and has flagged up about 6-7 errors including egr and position, turbo actuator, glow plug relay, egr cooler bypass valve, engine pads, this doesn’t narrow the issue down. The car is stuck in limp mode and will not reset the error..the only thing I can add that was my error was I accidentally put redex petrol cleaner in my tank (I know idiot) but redex company confirmed it wouldn’t cause any damage to the vehicle just the solution wouldn’t work for cleaning and would pass through fine. I have read here that fuel filters caused a lot of issue with limp mode on these engine but considering the faults I have found I am skeptical that that’s the issue in this case..
Aidan001 is offline   Reply With Quote