View Single Post
Old Jan 1st, 2018, 12:29   #4
tofufi
Premier Member

Hi Tyron,

I've taken a quick look this morning:

All chrome is good except for one of the window surround bits on the driver's door (which has a ding) and the driver's door rubbing strip chrome (which has fallen off and is in the car). This includes the roof strips, window surround strips, lower window scrapers and the bits on the bumpers.

Passenger mirror body is good, but the paint on it is tired and has scuffs - needs repainting.

Rear suspension is IRS and appears to all be there, the bits I could see have some surface rust as you might expect from a car of this age!

Bootlid is dent and rust free, but the paint (particularly on the rear face) has crazing where the lacquer appears to have failed. Really it would benefit from being painted, I'd imagine a bodyshop wouldn't charge much to respray a dent-free panel like that.

Fuel filler neck will be available - I assume diesel and petrol models share this part?

My plan is to keep the car looking mostly whole (to not upset neighbours) and then strip it over a weekend, keeping any good bits to sell. Happy to keep bits for a while, but I'm a little short on covered storage for bits that need to stay dry so shifting those, particularly bigger bits (interior etc) will be priority .

I occasionally head your way with work so could potentially arrange something for delivery.

Happy New Year to you, too

Last edited by tofufi; Jan 1st, 2018 at 12:35.
tofufi is offline   Reply With Quote