Thread: V70: Gearbox - Tg-81sc no comms - 2015 v70
View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 09:26   #3
ymc30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBB View Post
If scan tool is showing no comm with sub modules the I would be checking powers and grounds to those modules.

If you have been removing and replacing engine and transmission then there may be a missing ground.
Thanks for the reply.

I swapped everything by lowering the subframe and followed it up in Vida.
Car was running after the swap OK although with fault codes (supposedly because the TCM was from the other car) So everything was connected properly.

This problem occurred after the swap of the TCM which seemed to be an easy process. Battery disconnected, a few bolts taken out, swapped the module (made sure it is properly seated), job done. NOT

Since then I checked the fusees for the TCM (all good), swapped back the other module, no joy.

I am thinking more along the lines not waiting long enough before taking the TCM out after the battery disconnected so something burnt out?!

Symptoms are:
- no connection to TCM
- strangely no connection to PSM (maybe a telltale for someone)
- Park position is not recognised - not shown on the right side of the speedometer (probably due to no comms with TCM)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg subframe.jpg (341.0 KB, 20 views)

C30 SE Lux 2.0D / V70 D4 SE Lux / Miata NCFL 2.0 Sport Tec
Sold: C70 T5 / several C30s in different flavours / V50 D4 Geartronic
ymc30 is offline   Reply With Quote