Thread: XC60 my20
View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2019, 12:42   #20
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Before you jump the gun on that Polestar,

From our calculations it only has 1hp more, its 5/6k more, it deletes the air suspension (which is pretty nice on UK roads) and adds some questionable trim colours.

I would say this, see if you can try an XC60 on 22" wheels without air suspension and see if that's a ride you're going to be happy with - that's the one thing giving me pause for concern.
Hi DM,

As nice and calming as the air suspension ride was in the R-Design Pro, from what I'm used to (C7 RS6, C63 AMG etc), it was a little too soft especially in the corners where the body roll was quite pronounced. I could have lived with it if there was no other choice but now there is an alternative, I'm happy to risk it as I know Ohlins make firm but very well damped suspension units.
As for the 'extra' power, its not the main purpose of going for the Polestar Engineered model, thats the chassis and brake set-up. The larger battery in the MY20 T8's will be pretty handy though.
The yellow seat belts, although rather an interesting colour, do add some brightness into the cabin so I'm not too concerned about those.
My dealer sent me the MY20 Price/Spec brochure to look through and price wise, its a similar price to the list price of my order after I added all my options, which the Polestar has as standard anyway.
Just waiting to hear what they can do.
sk546 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post: