View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 22:21   #13
SteveV40

Thanks Jack. I get between 24 and 26.5 mpg (lpg with petrol top up to replenish anything used in startup, etc), and I looked back over my records and see that I was getting something similar over 180k ago! Not bad considering that I have never had a proper lpg service done, but seems low for a 1.8. I did raise this on the forum a few years ago, but never did get to the bottom of it. I have a distributor recon kit, which I will do this summer, and I may do the same with the vapouriser too, if I can figure out what kit it is.
However, I do regularly change the "front" filter and the plugs, and have used various types including ordering Densos, only for them to turn up as two pin ones! I had them in for a week, then chucked them. I do agree that single points do work best. Currently have Bosch single points in, and they are pretty good on smootheness and fuel consumption. Had a weird thing though, with the BiFuel manual saying to gap them at 1.2mm (+/-0.1). Was ok for about 5k, then started running like a one legged donkey, and is low on power at low revs. I am currently trying them gapped at 0.75, having read your notes elsewhere. I'll let you know how I get on.
I'll also do a "petrol only" run and see how it compares with your figures. I do nearly 1000 miles a week, so wont take long to get some decent data. Many thanks.
SteveV40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveV40 For This Useful Post: