Thread: S40 V40: - CEM Wiring/Repair Information
View Single Post
Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 21:37   #357
Redr0cket

Hi all. This thread is extremely useful. Recently I had both dipped beams just fail on me, with all other lights working OK. I got hold of a used CEM with the same part number and fitted it; however, it isn't working properly. Dipped beams and side lights come on together when you turn the ignition, and on the internal light switch, when the side lights are on, the light indicator on the switch goes out, and when you turn the light switch off the indicator lights up...if that makes sense. Anyway, it would at least appear to confirm that it is indeed a CEM issues as the dipped headlights work!

In another thread, a helpful member said the "VIN" would be wrong even if I get a straight swap for a working CEM. In this thread though, swapping them out seems to be a generally accepted practice. My question is, is there actually any issue at all with swapping them for a CEM that is the same part number?

I have also seen people have unsoldered and soldered new relays for the dipped beam. This is tempting, but I haven't soldered since I was about 12 years old in the school electronics club 🤣 can someone confirm exactly what I will need for this - aside from a soldering iron and solder, please? Any specific iron, too?

Furthermore, does someone have a link for the exact relays that would work?

I have a 2003 V40 Sport 2.0 petrol engine.

The part number of the CEM in there at the minute, and that was working fine, until.recently, is 30621305.

Thank you for any help. It's much appreciated.
Redr0cket is offline   Reply With Quote