View Single Post
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 21:15   #11
phasesonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenV70 View Post
Does anyone have knowledge of the appropriate fault code reader/scanner which will work correctly with a 2001 model year (registered Sept. 2000) V70 2.5 D with type D5252T Audi/VW engine? There are plenty of adverts out there but it would appear that none I`ve seen will be compatible with my model as it`s pre 2003/4 when diesel OBD2 became law. The car is fitted with a marked `OBD11` 16 pin connector socket but I`m now thinking that Volvo must have wired it to their own specific needs and not to one of the existing OBD 2 protocols- I recently tried some new readers from Gendan and they would not work with my car although they were compatible with OBD2, EOBD, ISO, KWP2000,PWM,VPW and CAN protocols. If there is nothing out there (except the Main or independant Dealer test equipment) that will read my vehicle, does anyone know of any DIY methods that will work? I`ve tried the paperclip-and-count-the-light-flashes method but this didn`t work either! Lastly, the OBD 2 socket has the following pins populated - (Top Row- 3,4,5,6,7. Bottom Row- 11,14,16. Food for thought!! Thanks a lot KenV70
Hi,

I can supply you with one or you can use mine for free if you live nearby(West wales).

Loz
phasesonix is offline   Reply With Quote