View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 18:57   #32
1monkey600

Quote:
Originally Posted by john wardman View Post
hi bought my xc70 from marshall volvo leeds last august,great experience had tracked this car for some months went in talked to craig sorted a test drive there and then got the car off the forecourt and on the road ,great enthusiasm and knowledge me dressed in jeans and polo shirt.
car now in at marshalls for service and mot advised needs new discs and pads,not happy as with the mileage I have done I don't think that I should be paying for this,they are however giving me a discount and loaning me a car,this niggle apart service and attitude fantastic
So you have had your car for a year. Did the car fail it's MOT for brakes or is the dealer just 'advising it'. Remember that generally, cars are only getting 'looked at' once a year, these days, so dealers tend to be much more cautious about things like that.
I certainly wouldn't be upset if a 2nd hand car lasted a year before needing service items.
Brakes on xc70 are very high use, particularly rear, and discs rarely last more than 2sets of pads
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote