View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 10:58   #21
tayandre

Quote:
Originally Posted by r30ser View Post
Thank you for the feedback.

I thought the R-design has 17" alloys, but also an option for 18". I understand the 18"s would make a harder ride, but what about the 17"?

Any thoughts on the interior? Advice? Leather or not?
I have read that V70 quality is better than the V50?
Quality wise I'd say out V70 is a bit better than a C30 but that may be subjective because it's a bigger car. There's no noticeable difference in materials, both have been 100% reliable.

The ride on 17" will be firm too but not as crashy as the 18" wheels. I have just changed from winter tyres on 16" back to the stock 18" and it is horrible. Hard ride and no noticeable diffference in grip. The steering feels a bit better but that's about it. I believe R-Design models do have firmer set-up than an SE or SE Lux.

Have you looked at a V60? Not much smaller than a V70 in the boot (despite what the press have said), the boot is a very square usable space.

The ride and handling on V60 is better than either a V50 or V70, you also get V70 seats so great comfort.

V50 is going to be discontinued soon and the V70 can't have more than a couple of years left before a new model arrives. If budget allows and you want a Volvo I'd suggest V60 may be a better fit for you than eithet a V50 or V70.
tayandre is offline   Reply With Quote