Thread: Other 70 Problem: - Syphoning Fuel from a 2003 Volvo V70 D5
View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2019, 13:55   #1
Macabre

Default Syphoning Fuel from a 2003 Volvo V70 D5

So my car is shagged and needs scrapping or selling for spares/repairs (cba to fork out and replace the engine - timing belt snapped). It's a 2003 V70 D5 SE.

I only filled the tank a couple of days before so there's about 60+ litres of diesel in it.

I've been trying to google how to do this but I'm still stuck. There's videos of attaching a hose to the fuel feed and blocking the return hose, but I am not 100% sure where these are. Then removing the batteries negative terminal and then sticking a paperclip in the fuse relay to join the requisite terminals (I'm fine with this bit).

Also see one where you can access the fuel tank under the back seat, but I can't get the round locking thing off. The guy in the video used a hammer and chisel to remove it but mines resolutely refusing to budge.

In desperation I just shoved the hose down the fuel cap, and gave it a good suck ) fuel came up, but when I put the hose into the container it started returning back into the tank. Is there some kind of anti syphoning device in the car?

Please help before I just stab a hole in the bottom of the tank (providing I can find it, there's an undertrtay I think) and inadvertantly set myself on fire.
Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote