View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2015, 15:42   #1
niveketak
66 Amazon

Default Temp gauge question

Having just ordered an electric temp gauge from Huke Basart, I decided I might as well remove the old one. Gauge was fun as I decided to unscrew the 2 tiny screws while the dash was still in place, I didn't fancy messing with the spaghetti behind the dash. Eventually that came out OK and am really looking forward to fitting the new one as my shoulder will have recovered by the time it gets here and the screws fit nicely down my bloody finger nails.

I then removed the sensor, no difficulty as the previous owner had cut the tube to the gauge.

Now I had assumed the temp sensor went into the water jacket but if it does I am in trouble as oil came out of the hole. It is probably a silly question but is it supposed to be measuring oil temp?

BTW dropped a screw on the garage floor but amazingly found it in a puddle of hydraulic oil from the clutch slave cylinder which had decided to throw up on the floor and empty the reservoir. I had noticed small spots of what I though was oil on the rubber floor mat on the garage floor but did think it looked a bit clear for engine or transmission oil. Just need Simon to answer the phone now, think its a bit hectic there as usual.
niveketak is offline   Reply With Quote