View Single Post
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 16:49   #7
MikeHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
There is a brass elbow which takes the liquid gas into the evaporator , it's just after the solenoid valve which cuts the flow , all mounted on a bracket under the air filter , Take off the valve and unscrew the elbow from the evaporator . There is a spring loaded valve on the end which can stick , it should move freely when pressed with a finger , if sticking clean up with some "scotchbrite" or similar .. this is the most likelt cause considering the mileage and your symptom.
its best to exhaust the lpg line before you disconnect any pipes , but if it wont run on LPG may be difficult in your case so expect a small hiss of gas when you undo the pipe to the front solenoid cut off valve .. it wont last long ..
Hi Clan, thanks for the suggestion, I finally managed to remove the evaporator, remove the elbow and clean the spring loaded valve as you suggested. There were no apparent problems with the spring or the brass slide, I cleaned them as you suggested and have put it back together and on the car - sadly it has not affected the problem at all.

There was no evidence of any residual gas pressure in the gas lines so I am wondering if there is a solenoid valve somewhere which is U/S or has a wiring/signal problem. Can you tell me where on the vehicle they are to be found. I also put a spare fuse in the Bifuel fuse position which jhas also made no difference.

It is also the case that the problem had occurred a couple of times before but cleared itself when the vehicle was next started.

Any help/further ideas welcomed
MikeHill is offline   Reply With Quote