View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 16:52   #29
LankyTim
Missing the point

Very unprofessional of them to treat you like that Mike, still it sounds like its only one prat ruining the repuation of the dealership. Do they know theyre being mentioned on the VOC website?

All experiences ive had with dealers have been good except one. Stratstones on the Bristol road, Birmingham (now gone) ordered a cam belt tensioner and got spoken to in a very patronising manner by the parts man. Nothing he said was offensive, but he made me feel like I wasnt in on a joke of some sort. Git.

Went to the Shrewsbury dealership to buy a £200 part exchange smoker 940 estate and was treated by the sales staff like I was buying a new car, tea and biscuits and a nice chat. We were told to come back for more tea and biccies and a chin wag about Volvos whenever we wanted, although if had gone back every day since im not sure how long the invitation would have been lasted for.

The Stoke dealership were also super helpful and friendly when I bought a set of pads and a battery from them a few months ago. Rolled up in my "just one more MOT" Oxford in oily work clothes. I did feel a bit paranoid, all these suits about and me dressed like Harold Steptoe. Didnt make any difference at all. Great guys.
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote