Thread: ECP oil
View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 22:52   #55
Christerart
VOC Member

I am going to resurrect this old thread with my observations over the last 9 years - actually much longer than that as I always used Shell in my semis in the US - Shell Rotella (filters and oil change every 10,000 miles which was basically a recurring event every month) The least I got on an engine was 700K miles before a rebuild was necessary.

Every time I buy a new (used Volvo) I do an oil change, a transmission fluid change and often a cam belt change (better safe than sorry).

I use Shell Helix Ultra 5-40 and a bottle of Liqui Moly Ceratec according to the recommendations of Skyship007 and a bottle of Lubegard Red .

The result?

The engines run better, smoother and quieter than when I bought the car(s). Same with the transmissions.

My present 2002 V70 D5 163 Euro 3 had 209K on it two years ago when I bought it for silly money - £800.

The car now has 233K and the engine (and transmission) is much smoother and runs so well I can't imagine exchanging it for anything. Just passed MOT with flying colors.

I just came back from a 2,200 mile trip to Sweden. I changed the oil and filter b4 I left and when back home and parked the readout said 55.8 mpg - and it hadn't used any oil at all - none.