View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2018, 19:01   #1518
ma70
Curmudgeon with a turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragex View Post
Did you just swap the face plate between the two units?
Sadly impossible to do, since the 603 has a tape deck and the connectors are slightly different sizes too. Otherwise I would have gone this route. (also appears not to be possible to fit the 6CD changer from the 850 into the 603 as the connectors look to be different, although I didn't open up the new unit to confirm.)

What I ended up doing was stripping both faceplates down to just the black plastic, laying the 850 one over the top of the 603, scribing a line round the right hand edge and then took the excess material off with a flap disc. The pre-facelift has a wider more squared top right corner (or maybe it's a V70 Vs S80 thing? unsure which) and is a few mm shorter top to bottom also but overall it's perfectly acceptable for the moment. it doesn't get anywhere near any circuit board or switches, purely cosmetic.

You'd struggle to tell it was different unless it was pointed out and having a working stereo/sat nav voice more than makes it worthwhile. If I find a correct shaped 603 faceplate in a scrapyard sometime in future I'll see if it will fit.
ma70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ma70 For This Useful Post: