View Single Post
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 09:24   #6
mhuk

Thanks guys.

I replaced all the bushes with poly on the front. Only the ARB/ufo and those funny cones where worn.

I'm also getting wheel skip hop when turning on full lock and looking yesterday it looks like the tyre has touched the inside of the wheel well. I also had a read of this...

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=200534

Quote from that page (I had a problem years ago with an old van I had. It clonked when turning full lock and it was the bearing in the top mount that had failed. It also on a random basis didn't return to straight ahead when turning full right.
The front wheel skipping may be related to the front suspension bushes. Mine did the same and also wore unevenly. It past the MOT but I reckon it was the rust that was holding them in place. When I removed them the large ones that attach to the chassis had separated from the steel core. As said it was the rust that made them seem solid. My MOT centre has a vibrating unit on their ramp that moves the car from side to side to check play but they didn't pick the worn bushes up.
Theres also bushes I think called top hat that were really bad on mine as well. I did the lot and it made a huge difference to handling etc.
If your doing them yourself you may have to take the arms into your local garage to have them pressed out and the new ones pressed in. I managed with a hydraulic puller set and a big vice but it was some job.)
mhuk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mhuk For This Useful Post: