View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 12:23   #1
Rascal

Default Diesel Particulate Filter - Wish List

I have recently purchased a 2008 V70 SE 2.4D Geartronic and have been looking at threads relating to regeneration of the DPF.

It appears that most owners are unhappy with their DPF and the way in which Volvo have been economical with information regarding the ongoing maintenance problems, that can arise.

Wouldn't the following options have been nice if they had been included in the Driver Information System....
1. An indictaion of the DPF status - eg. 25% Full or 50% Full etc.
This could replace the useless Average Speed option and perhaps allow you to plan some 'regeneration compatible' journeys.

2. A user selectable option, to manually 'Request DPF Regeneration'
This would allow you to request a 'forced' regeneration, if it was known that a long journey was about to be made.
Regeneration would only be carried out if the Engine Management System agreed that the DPF would benefit from a regeneration, during the journey.
If this option was never used, then 'normal' DPF regeneration would be triggered on an as-needed basis.

I think that Volvo owe us a more flexible solution regarding this DPF maintenance and the above would surely be achievable via a software upgrade.
I am sure that in the long term it would be in Volvo's interest to address these DPF shortcomings and lift the image of their diesel engines.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rascal For This Useful Post: