View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 19:43   #28
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

Ok, having trauled the web have found the department of transports official document on oem drls and retrofit drls.

http://www2.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/veh...ninglights.pdf

This means following the supplied instructions for position on your car you are freely entitled to fit and use them. Obviously following the directives of the dot.

So with my particular units I will be fitting an auto on/off which i have given in a previous post were to find on the web.

I personnaly do not feel it a requirement to contact my insurer for either the switching off of my standard drls nor the addition of my new led drls. I can understand that some people air on the side of caution but if you follow the governments rules then there can be no come back at all.

We should maybe consider a seperate post on the legals, supplying all the relevant documents available, like the link above.
But it would be foolish to right a blanket manuscript regarding insurance as I am almost sure that the answers given by an insurance telephone operator would vary from an insurance evaluator if you catch my drift.

I hope this in some way helps anybody interested in fitting leds.

Cheers

Bill
Bill Edmondson is offline   Reply With Quote