View Single Post
Old Dec 24th, 2015, 07:44   #3
JGEM

Default Waited too long

In retrospect, the moment I first saw the tiniest indication of windowscreen leakage I should have taken prompt action. I did not do this and instead decided to get the windowscreen resealing done at the same time as the annual service in mid January (approx a month later). BIG mistake

Earlier this week we had a couple of hot days (Weather forecaster said 39 deg C - dashpanel temperature reading was 44 deg C) and then we got some heavy rain. The next day the front passengers floor had about an inch deep of water sloshing around. I took the car around to the dealer the next day - another customer was having a cracked windowscreen replaced so the window guy did my resealing job after that.

Glass removed and resealed and now I am A$280 poorer. The dealer approached Volvo Australia about a contribution towards this cost but this request was declined due to age of vehicle. I pointed out to Volvo that a windowscreen is not expected to leak for 15 years plus and that this leakage is a known fault. Because it's Xmas and I had some time on my hands I lodged a complaint against Volvo with the NSW fair trading authority (who handle consumer complaints) so will see what happens.

The lesson to learn here is to reseal the windowscreen at the very first instance of any leakage. I just hope that no electrical issues arise as a result of this leakage - fingers crossed.
JGEM is offline   Reply With Quote